Thursday, July 12, 2012

But what does it cost?

Last year I met super cute blogger and designer, Lauren Liess, from Pure Style Home at the Design Bloggers' conference in LA. One of my favorite posts is her article Reality Check on what it actually costs to furnish a room. I thought I'd go through a similar exercise.


This week we will look at furnishing a standard living room complete with a sofa, two chairs, an entertainment center, curtains, and all accessories. I am assuming you have had a fire and need to replace everything!  Most of my clients come in with some items to re-purpose, and I design with a mix of price points to reach their budget numbers.  Creating a realistic budget is one of the first steps towards a successful design.

With so many design choices available, how much does it all cost? Look for my next few posts on Low, Medium, and High End design.

Ikea

Pottery Barn


 

 Restoration Hardware

Custom Design


No comments:

Post a Comment